DATE: Monday 1st April
TIME: 7.30pm - 9.30pm
LOCATION: Church by the Bridge
On Monday 1st April, 7.30pm in the hall at Church by the Bride Kirribilli, we will be offering a seminar on “Understanding Depression”. This seminar (run by our own Keith Condie who is Co-Director of the Mental Health & Pastoral Care Institute), aims to look at understanding what depression is, how it can be treated, how to support someone who has depression, and what Christian faith and community offer in the midst of this struggle. It will cover areas auch as:-
- Depression in today’s world
- What is depression?
- Features and symptoms of depression
- Some risk and protective factors for depression
- Understanding depression in the light of our theology
- Some social and cultural impacts upon mental health
- The treatment of depression
- What Christian faith offers in the midst of struggling with depression
- Supporting someone struggling with depression
- What from here?