Men’s Golf Day 2019
DATE: Thursday 17th October
TIME: 3.30pm - 9.00pm
LOCATION: Cammeray Golf Club
The Men's Golf Day is on again at Cammeray Golf Club on Thursday, 17th October. Whether you're a budding pro, weekend hacker, or spend more time in the sand and water traps, then this is the event for you. For men of both Church by the Bridge & St Augustine's (and their friends), the golf day caters for all levels of ability via a very relaxed format (known as Ambrose).
Arrival time is 3.30pm for announcements and a 4pm tee off. Drinks back at the clubhouse around 6pm and dinner from 7-9pm.
It's a great way to spend a Thursday afternoon out of the office with mates (Christian & not), with the intention of being on mission with courageous faith!
There will be a short talk during dinner from our own Peter Bradhurst - who share his reflections on the impact faith in Jesus has had on a life well lived.
If this sounds like the perfect event for you, simply sign up as an individual or group of four, via the link below and we'll be in touch closer to the day with all the details. All are welcome, though places are limited, so please confirm your attendance ASAP. (RSVP & payment by 3rd October).
What: Men's Golf Tournament
When: 3.30pm arrival (for 4pm tee off) on Thursday 17 October 2019. Formalities conclude around 9pm.
Where: Cammeray Golf Club - Park Ave, Cremorne NSW 2090
Cost: $75 per person (includes nine holes of golf, dinner and prizes - drinks not included)
- "I don't really play golf...can I still attend?" Absolutely. The format is 'four person Ambrose', so you only need one good shot between your four team members each time to get around the course in reasonable shape. And we're certainly not playing for sheep stations, so don't worry if you leave a few divots along the way.
- "Do I need to go to church to play?" Absolutely not - all are welcome, and a large portion of our players each year are made up of those outside our congregations and the church community generally. We simply facilitate the day.
- "Can I sign up on my own or do I need a group?" All are welcome and in any format! We're happy to group individuals together if you can't make a group of four, or if you have a mate or two who are keen but can't make up the fourth, we'll happily help out.
- "I don't have any gear...can I still play?" We're happy to try and meet specific gear requirements across the church congregations with enough notice. Or you can always rent everything you would need at the pro shop for a small fee before teeing off. And a simple polo shirt and shorts/pants will suffice for dress regulations.
- "I'm not sure I can get away from work on time...can I turn up late?" We appreciate getting time off work on a Thursday afternoon can be tricky. But hopefully with some forewarning and planning with the boss, you'll make it to Cammeray for a quick briefing before 3.45pm. We don't recommend turning up late as it can make the groups hard to manage and lead to a late finish.