Doing good in the name of Jesus
Great news gets out (Acts)
13 February 2011
It is said that ‘no good deed goes unpunished’. Is it any different when it comes to good works & words for Christ? What response might we expect if we inundated our community with goodness in the name of Jesus?
Acts 3-4 is dominated by a miraculously good deed to a cripple, which leads to the good news of Christ proclaimed. As Peter proclaims Jesus (the only name given under heaven by which people can be saved) – it doesn’t go unnoticed. A strong response of both acceptance & opposition are raised.
Ultimately, if we are to do good deeds in the name of Christ – we will need to do it boldly & courageously.
- To the ends of the earth // Mark Smith // 10 April
- Getting the great news out // Mark Smith // 27 March
- The unstoppable news // Mark Smith // 20 March
- God shows no favourites // Mark Smith // 13 March
- Jesus recruits his enemy // Mark Smith // 6 March
- The word of God spreads // Mark Smith // 27 February
- Marks of a true church // Mark Smith // 20 February
- Testifying to the Risen Lord // Mark Smith // 6 February