Men’s Golf Day - 26th October 2017
Someone once said: 'to play golf is to spoil an otherwise enjoyable walk.' Obviously they never played in the annual CBTB Men's Golf Tournament...
Yes, the one prize we all covet is again up for contention at Cammeray Golf Club on Thursday, 26 October. Whether you're a budding pro, weekend hacker, or spend more time in the sand than David Hasselhoff, this is the event for you. Our golf day caters for all levels of ability via a very relaxed format (Ambrose) and complex scoring algorithm (from the brains that brought you Facebook).
And with a tee off time of 4pm, drinks back at the clubhouse around 6pm and dinner from 7-9pm, it's a great way to spend a Thursday afternoon out of the office with mates, while still being home at a 'responsible' time for the family.
There will be a short talk during dinner from Rob Wild - former CEO of Cordell - sharing his experiences and perspective on life, faith and business.
If this sounds like the perfect event for you, simply sign up as an individual or group of four via the below form and we'll be in touch closer to the day with all the details. All are welcome, though places are limited, so please confirm your attendance ASAP.
What: CBTB Men's Golf Tournament
When: 3.30pm arrival (for 4pm tee off) on Thursday, 26 October 2017. Formalities conclude around 9pm.
Where: Cammeray Golf Club - Park Ave, Cremorne NSW 2090
Cost: $70 per person (includes nine holes of golf, dinner and prizes - drinks not included)
- "I don't really play golf...can I still attend?" Absolutely. The format is 'four person Ambrose', so you only need one good shot between your four team members each time to get around the course in reasonable shape. And we're certainly not playing for sheep stations, so don't worry if you leave a few divots along the way.
- "Do I need to go to Church by the Bridge to play?" Absolutely not - all are welcome, and a large portion of our players each year are made up of those outside our congregations and the church community generally. CBTB simply facilitates the day.
- "Can I sign up on my own or do I need a group?" All are welcome and in any format! We're happy to group individuals together if you can't make a group of four, or if you have a mate or two who are keen but can't make up the fourth, we'll happily help out.
- "I don't have any gear...can I still play?" We're happy to try and meet specific gear requirements across the CBTB congregations with enough notice. Or you can always rent everything you would need at the pro shop for a small fee before teeing off on the 26th. And a simple polo shirt and shorts/pants will suffice for dress regulations.
- "I'm not sure I can get away from work on time...can I turn up late?" We appreciate getting time off work on a Thursday afternoon can be tricky. But hopefully with some forewarning and planning with the boss, you'll make it to Cammeray for a quick briefing before 4pm. We don't recommend turning up late as it can make the groups hard to manage and lead to a late finish.